Sunday, March 15, 2009

Simple Joys

I didn't bring my camera to the park when we went this week, but was enjoying watching the kids play and wrote this on a napkin while I was there:
Enjoying the sunshine and the kids outside at the skater park. Preston with a hole in his knee and an In-N-Out Burger paper hat on his head, doing "jumps" on his spiderman bike with training wheels. Sylvia with her cherry dress, heart tights and red, chappy face from wiping her booger nose with her sleeves (gross, I know!). Ethan nestled snuggly in the red plaid wrap I made, wearing his blue fleece jester hat and sucking contentedly on his white, whale designed binky.
The wreckless Sylvia chasing after a squirrel to "pet it" and the responsible Preston chasing after her saying "don't, it will bite you!"
These are the simple joys of motherhood!

No comments: