Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Jolly Happy Chunky Monkey



The name fits the description. Ethan is usually a pretty happy guy, as long as he is fed and had a nap. His smile lights up his big blue eyes and he is so cute when you try to make him laugh and he tries to hold it in. It comes out as short little chuckles. Sylvia and Preston think it is fun that he is interacting more and more. As dad says, "he has more rolls than a bakery!" At almost 6 months, we will be starting solids soon. Our little baby is growing so fast!! I think he skipped the 3-6 month size and jumped to the 6-12. We sure love him and are glad he is a part of our family.
I love his face in this picture...it really captures his personality! This diaper was my first time sewing PUL (waterproof layer) and using lastin (clear elastic). I was excited how well it turned out despite my mistakes. It doesn't leak! That's the important part.

1 comment:

Patty Sampson said...

oh my goodness!! He is so precious!! I just love his little smile! And you are right, it lights his eyes up like a little lantern. You must be having so much fun with him!

Yea, I know what you mean about those growth spurts. One day Carter fit the newborn size and literally the next day he was in 3 month. Wild!