Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To our wonderful mothers who taught us through their wonderful examples of service, dedication, sacrifice and love. Thank you for sacrificing your time and energy to raise us and teach us true gospel principles. Now we are able to pass this wonderful legacy on to our children. We love and miss you so much! There isn't a day that goes by that we don't think of you!!Thanks to my cute 5 year old and wonderful hubby, I got blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Preston has been planning this all week and even checked out a kids cookbook at the library this week and found the recipe. Yesterday he was hiding behind the rocking chair, coloring a heart card for me. He has been such a delight in our family. After fighting to go into nursery today, Sylvia decided to have a good time and came home with a cute flower pot with her hand print on it for me. "This is for you mommy," she said as she carefully carried it out to the car for me because of coarse my hands were full.
I love being a mommy to these beautiful children Heavenly Father has blessed us with. How lucky and blessed I feel to have a husband who supports me wholeheartedly to be a stay at home mom, even when many of the women in this area look at him and me and think we are crazy (California is not a cheap place to live). I am often overwhelmed by these little people I have been given stewardship over to nurture and raise in righteousness, but I know the Lord has and will bless me as I continue to seek his guidance in my daily endevours. I feel closer to my Heavenly Father as I am able to take a little part of His plan and see how he must feel with raising us as His children. What a great thing it is to be a mother in these latter days!

1 comment:

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Those little munchkins make it all worth it, don't they!
Your kids are getting so big!