Friday, August 21, 2009

Time with the Tanners

Hawaiian Luau at the Tanners. What a great farewell party. We had a great time seeing my cousins and their kids. Look at these still young and wonderful grandparents I have. I count my blessings that I have been so lucky to have had such a great relationship with them while growing up. They have supported us and encouraged us throughout our growing up years and have set such a wonderful example and legacy for their grandkids and great-grandkids. I love you grandma and grandpa!


The Draper, UT Temple. How awesome it was to go here with my siblings and parents. We missed you Bry and Christ and Brittany. Someday we will all be able to go there together. What a beautiful plan the Lord has set in place for us.
The best peach ever! Yes, we lucked out and gorged ourselves on huge, big, juicy-sweet peaches picked right from mom and dads trees. So YUMMY!! This little guy had to have a middle of the day bath after this experience.
Wonderful Sunday walk to feed the horses. These are the kind of fond memories I have of our Sabbath Days growing up. It was fun to do it this time with my own kids and their grandparents. These are the simpe joys of rural living I miss.
We had a fun little trip to the Golden Spike Railroad. We got lucky because there was a reenactment going on so we got in free and got to see the trains go and hear the cool whistles.
On our way to Aunt Liz's house to spend a few days there, we had to stop at Five Guys Burgers for lunch. I think the burgers lived up to the rave we had heard about. Preston ate 2 1/2! He is our little meat man...maybe I deprive him too much.
Doing s'mores with grandpa. We had a special treat with Liz and Sophie spending the night, so we made a party of it!
Preston the caveman
Enjoying the Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park
Who knew Sylvia could milk a cow? What have I been waiting for? I better put her to work.
Do you think he would make a good bull rider? I think this will be as close as it will get.
Playing knight in shining armor at the Treehouse Museum. The kids played for 3 hours at this place and still didn't want to go. Thanks for taking us grandma.
Ethan fascinated with himself in the mirror. Gotta love that grin!
"Nudy-Cuties" These two are trouble but had lots of fun together!
Baby Banty chicks! This was the coolest thing...we got to watch one hatch from its egg. I will post pictures of that in the next post.
Slip-and-slide. Grandpa always makes use of the fun stuff he has laying around from work. The grandkids love this one. A little soap added not only makes for a better ride, but who needs a tub afterword?

Sylvia's first pedicure done lovingly by grandma. She was so excited that she had "pretty pink toes".
Preston enjoying our picnic dinner while sailing.
Sylvia drank this WHOLE can of Root Beer. This girl has a sweet tooth like her Grandma Smith and can sniff out treats a mile away!
Ethan kept trying to suck on the ropes in grandpas sail boat. I love the colors in this picture. Just perfect of our blue-eyed little man safe between grandpas legs in his boat.
Cute Grandma Tanner
Relaxing by the pond. I love to come home because of how calming and peaceful my parents house is. This trip was just what I needed.

Mowing the lawn with grandpa...I think Preston was in little boy heaven.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I love all the pictures. You guys always do fun stuff and take such joy in doing simple things. It brings back the good ol' days. :-)

Brittany and Chris said...

I can't believe how big they all are getting. I just love the pics you up. I keep telling Chris that we need to have kids like yours, with all the rolls, and the big cheeks and those bright blue eyes. We were sad that we couldn't be in Utah while you were there but we will see you soon. Miss you and Love you.

Chris and Lish said...

Okay...so I'm not sure how 'rural' North Ogden really is, but it is definitely more rural than most places in CA. Your pix of Golden Spike bring back lots of memories (annual trips...it was one of my mom's favorite places...)