Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Church Bag


Thanks for teaching me how to sew mom! I have been having fun crafting lately...of course at the expense of a little sleep. It was my goal to finish this bag for church this week, so I finished it last night at midnight (Cordell was working anyway). I have been trying to figure out which bag works best for us for church...since I am sometimes by myself and having to lug 3 little kids with all their stuff and YW teaching stuff, it is not always easy. I had this perfect bag thought up in my head, but haven't seen it in the stores for price I am willing to pay. I put my idea on paper and was afraid of what might come of it, but it turned out pretty good and fulfills its purpose. My favorite part are the pockets for water bottles on the side. It also has 4 large pockets inside and enough room in the middle to throw in all the scattered toys and snacks after sacrament meeting. Best of all, I didn't even have to go buy the fabric! It was recycled from what I had made our old futon cover with, and some other canvas fabric I had laying around. It feels good to be able to create something out of nothing.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I love your bag. I wish I knew how to sew. I should see if there is a community class I can take.