Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Day at the Farm

Cordell had the day off, so we went for one of our adventures. There is a beautiful little hiking/running trail area in the hills by us where Cordell sometimes runs with our old bishop. Anyway, about a mile in, there is a fun little public working farm. I'm afraid to say I haven't taken the kids there until this time, and hope to visit it more frequently. The kids loved the animals!
Can you tell what Sylvia has been eating...yes. An oreo cookie. How's that for little mustache.
We enjoyed our little picnic lunch on some stumps near the goats cage. Luckily we weren't down wind. Sylvia was more interested in the animals than her lunch. Go figure.

Preston found this visor in his closet and decided it would be fun to wear. At least it kept the sun off his face!

This is a cute little Jersey cow. Made me kind of want one once we get a house. I'm afraid we couldn't use all of her milk though. She produces 2 gallons a day! Not bad for a little gal with big brown eyes.

No comments: