Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


This is your virtual Valentine from me to you. I had fun baking on Friday when Cordell was home to entertain the kids. If you lived closer you could have gotten a plate full of goodies...easy chocolate truffles, white chocolate pretzels with fun valentine sprinkles, and yummy fun heart shortbread cookies with white chocolate and raspberry preserves in the middle. Here is the recipe: http://www.joyofbaking.com/shortbreads/RaspberryWhiteChocolateShortbreads.html
They look like a lot of work, but are no harder than the popular sugar cookies. I think they taste much better. Yum!

Sylvia showing off her Valentine Frog. Why do kids like stuffed animals so much?! I can only fit so many in the baskets!

Valentine breakfast. Doesn't our kitchen look festive? I decorated it the night before so we could start the day with a fun, full of love breakfast. We had heart "missionary eggs" (dad knows what those are), and pink cream of wheat with craisins. I think I will make this a tradition. The kids loved it and I had a lot of fun doing it...almost like Christmas in February.

Chocolate truffles anyone? Sylvia was pretty excited that I let her lick the spoon when I was all finished forming the truffles. She sure makes it look yummy!

My wonderful hubby has taken my hint for live flowers and found this beautiful orchid plant for me for Valentines Day. Isn't he the best? He rode his bike home carrying this by the way. That wasn't the first time he has done that. Just after we had met at USU, he rode up hill in the freezing rain carrying a beautiful bouquet of freshly cut flowers for me. Too bad it was my roommates that had to tell me how cute he was when dropping them off at our apartment! Oh the good old days. Now lets just hope I can keep this one alive for a while. I wish I had inherited my dads natural green thumb. Any orchid advice will be much appreciated :)

No comments: