Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend with dad home with us. We even got our Christmas tree up. I know this is a lot of pictures, but we have so much to be grateful for, I thought I would share some of the most important things.Yes, you are seeing correctly...these 3 little monkeys had fun playing in the "yard waste" bin when daddy was raking leaves. Kind of gross, but sometimes it's better just not to think like an adult and let kids have fun being kids.
Preston was great at placing the ornaments just so on the tree.
Sylvia had more fun ripping everything out of the boxes just to see what was in them. So much for keeping everything somewhat orderly.
Ethan wanted to get on the floor to check out the bottom of the tree, like mommy I guess. We were having a hard time getting it straight. We decided almost straight was good enough.
Here's our November thankful turkey. We started it a bit late but had fun adding feathers for a couple of weeks anyway. Hopefully next year we will have even more feathers.
I'm thankful for kids who had fun playing games together over the weekend.
These guys are thankful for fall leaves. We decided where we live, it is fall all winter long.
I'm especially thankful for these 3 healthy, happy kids.
I am also thankful for the wonderful family who invited us over for a Thanksgiving feast so I didn't have to host it this year. We missed our families, but are grateful for a ward family. I got to bake the pies and rolls and also wanted to bring a cheeseball for traditions sake. We had a fun day of ...
...pine-cone turkey making (thanks to grandma Smith for the supplies and idea)...
...Chess playing...
...dressing the parts (thanks to Preston for providing the costumes)...
...and our annual ward ultimate frisbee game. Sylvia just wanted to be a grouch for the morning and she posed nicely after I tried cheering her up with a Tootsie Roll I found in my bag.
I'm also thankful for my new found skill of "babywearing". It makes getting dinner ready much easier with two hands to cook with and a happy baby observing rather than crying and grabbing my legs.

I am also very thankful for books and kids who also enjoy them. Last of all, I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the life He lead and the love He has for each of us. I know we have been sent to this earth as part of our Heavenly Father's plan for us and I am grateful each day to know that I can talk with Him in prayer in times of need. As Christmas approaches, I recognize how blessed we are to know of a living Savior who atoned for our sins and look forward to the day when we can live together forever as eternal families.

No comments: