Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Happy Halloween

Here we all are in our costumes for Halloween night. No snow here for trick-or-treating. A nice 65-70 degrees. We went to a ward trunk-or-treat, headed home for some dinner, then had fun walking our own neighborhood streets for 2 hours. The kids were awesome! Poor Ethan had to ride behind my crazy huge wig the whole time but was smiley the whole way. We had a great time visiting friends and neighbors. We hope you all had as much fun as we did this Halloween!
After...Preston designed and helped Dad cut the round one. Mom and Sylvia did the skinny one. We fun to have these little traditions to make holidays special.
During...cleaning the guts! Sylvia liked this part. Preston just wanted to be the seed separator.
Before carving...this was a very cool year for us. We grew these in our very own garden from seeds we got from the pumpkin patch we went to last year. We probably would have gotten more had I not planted the pumpkins right next to the squash. Duh! We save a handful of seeds from these so we can plant more next year.
Fun with friends at the park
Of coarse we wanted to dress up for the school parade as well. These two waited patiently.
Preston had a little Halloween parade at his school. Here are some of his classmates all dressed up. He is behind the ghost.


Spudnut helpers. This was a Halloween tradition in our household growing up and has continued every year. Thanks mom for the fun memories. I remember my first year at Utah State making these for Halloween and sharing the fun with my roommates. I hope they get better each year. Certainly more fun as my helpers grow and learn. You can see these two had fun with the cutting.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Cute costumes. Did you make Sylvia's witch costume? I remember those delicious spudnuts!

Unknown said...

Yummy, Spudnuts! I failed and didnt do spudnuts this year woops. Mom made some yummy ones though, delicious as always. Cute costumes. Im looking forward to seeing you guys!

Chris and Lish said...

I definitely remember the spudnuts of Rich Hall. But I do have one question...Where on earth did you get U of U shirts? USU, I'll even reluctantly accept BYU since that's where you went most, but the U? Cute costumes and cute kids!