
Sylvia and friend playing with our garage sale treasures.

And our last event of the week...a pathetic garage sale! Me and two other friends got our stuff together and put it at our house hoping it was a good location, but I'm afraid our neighbors truck blocked us out. We each made about $12 whole dollars for a days work. Woohoo. I even had cinnamon rolls for sale that Preston had fun being in charge of, but I guess we need to advertise better. Good learning experience anyway. I guess I'll be spending time posting to Craig's list and do another sale in the spring before moving. It feels good to clear out stuff not being used. I figure if we haven't even opened it since our wedding, we don't need it!


This is a putting game another kindergarten class did. Preston's class did a soccer kick.

These are the kids in their excitement going to Preston's school fall festival. Yes, they are a bit crazy! Ethan doesn't seem to realize that his life may be in danger...nothing new.

Our first adventure of the week was on Wednesday when Cordell had the day off and we had planned to go to the Academy of Science in SF. Thanks to our inlaws, we have a membership so we thought it would be fun to go on a not so crowded day. Things didn't quite go as planned. First, we forgot the camera, then as soon as we unloaded from the van, we realized the cooler was still at home! Great. So much for packing a picnic. The kids were pretty sad and thought they would starve, but we managed to buy a little food there and a hot dog from a stand afterward. So when we got to the museum, we saw a line and wondered what was going on. To our disappointment, it was free day and was packed! So much for coming on a non-crowded day. We skipped the most popular places of interest due to the lines but thought at least we could catch the cool bug show in the planetarium. We got to the ticket place for that and found out the bug show was not playing for the week, only a scary show for kids 7 and older. Preston was very bummed at that point! We tried to cheer him up by making the most of our visit and ened up having a good time after all. The picture above is Preston wearing an alligator mask that came from a book the kids got at "The Explorers Cove". We got to see a very cool albino alligator at our museum visit.
2 comments:
You have such a cute family and always try so hard to have fun family outings. I miss you!
I love all that you are doing with the kids. They seem to be having so much fun! And I still can't get over how big they are getting!
Post a Comment