Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Fun

We are trying to find some fun Christmas traditions for our family around the Roseburg area, so we tried out the parade of lights in a town about 20 minutes from here. There were about 20 logging trucks that were all decorated with lights and it lasted a total of about 10 minutes. The kids said "that's all?" So we went to A&W afterwords and they thought that was fun. I don't think that will become a tradition.
This was our excursion to the "Festival of Lights" at a nearby park here. You pay per car to drive in, and then just drive on a designated path to look at the lights. It was cool, but I think the best part of that were our huge ice cream cones at Sherms afterword (since we got the same response about these light..."that's all!?" I guess we have been in cities too long so the kids have learned to expect bigger productions. Maybe we'll just make our own traditions at home.

Don't they look funny? I guess this means they have learned to get along. Noodle is upside down and Mittens is laying next to him the right way. They are NOT supposed to be on the furniture, so they were booted off after the photo was taken.

Cordell got to go cross country skiing with a friend. It looks beautiful doesn't it? This is only one and a half hours from us.

No comments: