We are so excited to have Briana here in our family. Labor and delivery went smoothly, but a little slower than expected...2 hours in the hospital and she decided she was ready. I probably would have stayed at home a little longer, but the kids had eaten and needed tubs, so we thought it was a good time to leave and let grandma get them in bed. It was so nice to know she was there with them so Cordell and I could relax and enjoy the time together in the hospital after Briana was born. I went in around 7:30 PM and was dilated to a 7, so they said we could stay and called the doctor. The doctor said I didn't look like I was in labor, but decided to sit and wait since Ethan had come so quick. He and Cordell had a nice time chatting while I listened and waited for the time to push. What a laid back hospital! Everyone was super and let me do my own thing. I love the time I had to just cuddle with Briana after she was born before being weighed and washed. Cordell even got to stay the night and then call and cancel his clinic schedule for the next day. Yeah! The benefits of not being a student or resident. The time in the hospital was relaxing and I was ready to go home to be with the other kids. Thanks to grandma for taking care of them...what a blessing. Briana is our smallest and weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce and was 19 1/2 inches long. Born at 9:39 PM.
When the kids came to meet their new sister, they were thrilled. Sylvia didn't want to leave the hospital because she said she wasn't done holding Briana. When Ethan came in he immediately said "baby ana" and pointed to her. He didn't hold her, but helped put her hat back on after it kept falling off when Sylvia was holding her. Preston looked like he was really concentrating and a bit uncomfortable while holding the new baby. They all enjoy just watching her as she sleeps. Ethan lets me know when Briana is crying and gives her head lots of slobbery kisses!
1 comment:
Holy Cow! Where have I been? I didn't even know you were expecting #4! Congratulations! She's beautiful! :) She and Emily were almost exactly the same size. Your family looks so great. We miss you lots!
Post a Comment