
Of course we had to celebrate the school year with ice cream. This was kind of lame, but the kids loved it...McDonalds! What can I say...we were tired of the rain and thought it would be fun to have a place for the kids to play without getting wet. I'm glad I didn't get fancy ice cream anyway because Preston could only finish half of his. The kids were thrilled for the rest of the week about this little fun activity. Who ever said you had to have lots of money to do fun things with your kids...they are just happy with something different than the everyday.

A diploma for a Kindergartener? I thought it was all a bit cheesy but a fun way to end the year. I have to say, while I was watching Preston up there and I saw a class of kids I didn't know and parents all around me whom I had never met, I almost cried thinking of our friends at Sutter Elementary. I loved going to pick up Preston from school and being able to let the kids play on the playground while I got to talk to the other moms. We miss everyone, but I have been so impressed with how well Preston made the change to his new Kindergarten and made lots of friends. He is good like that. We had a great year full of fun friends and new experiences. Preston has learned a ton and is ready for first grade. Sylvia is glad to have her best friend home for the summer!

Each child got a rose to give their parent at the graduation. It was cute. Sylvia wanted to hold mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment