Whenever I am making toast, I always think of my grandparents "toast corner"-toaster, cutting board with grooves to catch the crumbs, and a wonderful assortment of different breads, and butter of coarse. Grandma and Grandpa Tanner always made even the simplest food taste wonderful. It must have been their homemade jams and cozy house full of love. We think of them often and miss being close. Mom always had homemade bread and other tasty baked goods for us growing up. I think that is where my tastes developed.
Since we live so far away from our family, we thought this would be a fun way to help you feel up to date with all that is happening with our little family here in Oregon. Hope it works!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Bread: The Staff of Life
Whenever I am making toast, I always think of my grandparents "toast corner"-toaster, cutting board with grooves to catch the crumbs, and a wonderful assortment of different breads, and butter of coarse. Grandma and Grandpa Tanner always made even the simplest food taste wonderful. It must have been their homemade jams and cozy house full of love. We think of them often and miss being close. Mom always had homemade bread and other tasty baked goods for us growing up. I think that is where my tastes developed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love how you taught me to make bread. I make it all the time and everyone loves it. I want to get a cast iron dutch oven too.
Post a Comment