Well, the reason for this entry was to say what a great time we had on this little unexpected excursion. On our way back down the "mountain" we saw a dam and Sylvia wanted to stop at the water. I said okay, why not? We didn't have anything better planned. We drove around to find an entry close to the water and actually ended up at the place where the rowers practice. No one was there, but the kids enjoyed seeing the longs boats on the trailers and they loved being able to just sit and throw rocks and sticks in the water and climbing a big, steep, hill. I'm so grateful I have the chance to be home with the kids and not be super scheduled at this point in our lives so we can do random things like this once in a while. As I was sitting near the water watching the kids, I thought of my parents and the fun random stops we made along our journeys throughout childhood. Thank you mom and dad for your examples in creating fun memories from the simple things in life! I know kids grow up so fast so I am trying to stop and think about the future and treasure up the time I have with them now so we have good memories together.
Since we live so far away from our family, we thought this would be a fun way to help you feel up to date with all that is happening with our little family here in Oregon. Hope it works!
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Grateful for Time!
We had an unexpectedly fun day on Tuesday...we had nothing planned upon awakening, but after breakfast a friend called to say she saw a serger on Craigs List I should check out. (She is good at keeping an eye on the deals for me). I emailed the lady and ended up driving halfway to Santa Cruz, into the summit of the "mountain" and into the rural area. I got a serger! Yeah, hopefully I can figure out the threading and get it working well...it's an oldy, but hopefully a goody.
Well, the reason for this entry was to say what a great time we had on this little unexpected excursion. On our way back down the "mountain" we saw a dam and Sylvia wanted to stop at the water. I said okay, why not? We didn't have anything better planned. We drove around to find an entry close to the water and actually ended up at the place where the rowers practice. No one was there, but the kids enjoyed seeing the longs boats on the trailers and they loved being able to just sit and throw rocks and sticks in the water and climbing a big, steep, hill. I'm so grateful I have the chance to be home with the kids and not be super scheduled at this point in our lives so we can do random things like this once in a while. As I was sitting near the water watching the kids, I thought of my parents and the fun random stops we made along our journeys throughout childhood. Thank you mom and dad for your examples in creating fun memories from the simple things in life! I know kids grow up so fast so I am trying to stop and think about the future and treasure up the time I have with them now so we have good memories together.
After our little adventure at the dam, we came home and had a picnic lunch out on our nice green grass in the back (thanks to our landlady). This is what I would call a GREAT day! I think the kids would agree.
Well, the reason for this entry was to say what a great time we had on this little unexpected excursion. On our way back down the "mountain" we saw a dam and Sylvia wanted to stop at the water. I said okay, why not? We didn't have anything better planned. We drove around to find an entry close to the water and actually ended up at the place where the rowers practice. No one was there, but the kids enjoyed seeing the longs boats on the trailers and they loved being able to just sit and throw rocks and sticks in the water and climbing a big, steep, hill. I'm so grateful I have the chance to be home with the kids and not be super scheduled at this point in our lives so we can do random things like this once in a while. As I was sitting near the water watching the kids, I thought of my parents and the fun random stops we made along our journeys throughout childhood. Thank you mom and dad for your examples in creating fun memories from the simple things in life! I know kids grow up so fast so I am trying to stop and think about the future and treasure up the time I have with them now so we have good memories together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment