I had a wonderful mother's day and feel so blessed for this calling I have in life. I have gained a much greater appreciation for my own mother and all she did to teach and love us. There is not a day that goes by without frustration or chaos, but oh, how those sweet tender moments make up for all that. I really do love these children and feel blessed that our loving Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to raise them as I strive to become more like Him. I am so far from perfect and see my flaws more and more each day. I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ so that I may be forgiven. I know that my Savior loves me and wants me to succeed as wife and mother, so He helps me to see things in perspective. I am told often how quickly children grow up, so we are striving each day to find joy in the daily living, so life doesn't pass us by too quickly as we are saying we can't wait for tomorrow. There is only one today, and I'm glad to be living it with these children, as their mother!
Since we live so far away from our family, we thought this would be a fun way to help you feel up to date with all that is happening with our little family here in Oregon. Hope it works!
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Blessed to Be a Mother
I had a wonderful mother's day and feel so blessed for this calling I have in life. I have gained a much greater appreciation for my own mother and all she did to teach and love us. There is not a day that goes by without frustration or chaos, but oh, how those sweet tender moments make up for all that. I really do love these children and feel blessed that our loving Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to raise them as I strive to become more like Him. I am so far from perfect and see my flaws more and more each day. I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ so that I may be forgiven. I know that my Savior loves me and wants me to succeed as wife and mother, so He helps me to see things in perspective. I am told often how quickly children grow up, so we are striving each day to find joy in the daily living, so life doesn't pass us by too quickly as we are saying we can't wait for tomorrow. There is only one today, and I'm glad to be living it with these children, as their mother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said! I am trying to find those sweet, quiet moments too, and mark them in my memory, for it will all be over too soon!
Post a Comment