Sunday, February 27, 2011

Preston Is Seven!

Candy birthday card. I remember when my mom would do this for us and I LOVED it and always looked forward to waking up to see what kind of creative sayings would be made for me out of my favorite candies. Preston still has most of these sitting in his top drawer, but thought it was pretty funny to read.

We can't believe our guy is 7! He is such a great kid, we love him to pieces. The other day I came back from walking the dog and he had not only dished up his own cereal, but had gotten some for Ethan as well. They were sitting there happily chatting away without me having to be there. I felt so happy that he had looked beyond his own needs to help his brother. What a good guy!
Preston does get a little moody at times, especially when things don't go his way, but he would rather do the right thing. After stomping around a bit and complaining to himself, he gets over not having his way. He is also a bit of a perfectionist and gets frustrated when he can't do what he has in his head. Too bad he got that from both parents. He is doing so well in school and is well liked and kind to everyone.

Grandma Smith made this cool scripture bag with a piece of Mola art she had picked up from one of her travels.

Preston is not a frosting kind of kid, so he asked for apple pie. Fine by me! I did cut a "B-day Pres" in the crust to make it a little more personal. I'm so glad I didn't have to decorate a cake...I stink at it. Pie is better in my book as well.

From his grandparents he happily received a cool explorer watch and athletic clothing which will be great for his outdoor adventures and soccer practices in his new side yard goal. He also got some money which he carefully paid his tithing then put the rest in his bank to save for something big. Thanks grandparents! You made his day.

Since he's never had a birthday party, I thought I would indulge him and let him invite 7 friends. Low key was the goal and we had fun. A couple of games, treats and just being with friends was lots of fun for Preston.

As you can see, he got a bit overwhelmed with all the kids surrounding him during present time. He didn't say a thing about it though...just took it all in patiently.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

happy birthday Preston!