Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our Great Outdoors

Pose from Noodle the Cat

Common scene of mother and baby dear in the front

Sunrise from the front yard
Wild turkeys...now to get a picture of the cougar...hopefully we won't see him again anytime soon.
To end our fun filled Saturday of soccer, pumpkin patch, and Wild Life Safari, we had a cookout at the fun fire pit Cordell is working on. It's like camping with the convenience of home. Nice! Next time we'll do the fire on a night where the kids can sleep out in the tent...right in our own back yard. We're loving it! Anyone else want to come to the Smith campground?

Sweet potato fries to go with our hot dogs
Ethan wearing dads boots...he was able to walk through quite a bit of brush in these heavy boots to make it to the fire pit. Too funny. He has really been into shoes lately. We catch him wearing anyones shoes he can get on himself. He loves the yellow Croc boots Sylvia has grown out of and gets mad when I make him take them off in the house.

Ethan has been without his binky for a few months now, but was quite excited when he found one I had stashed in a drawer. I think he went outside to enjoy it without me bugging him.

4 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

Ha! Ethan is a doll! I love his face with the binky and boots on. :)

Where did you guys move to? It looks like a lot of fun!! We'd love to come visit. We recently moved to Utah so the trip will be a lot easier now. :) Love you!

Elaine said...

We want to come! In fact Thula was asking me the other day if we could come visit Preston and I thought, "Holy cow, how do you still remember him?"

Hannah said...

That looks so much fun! I would love to have a campground in my backyard! Miss Ethan so much!!!

Angela said...

How fun! I love all the cute pictures. Oh, 2- things. First of all, I need your e-mail address. Secondly, to get the picture at the top of the blog, just go to the dashboard and settings. Then click on the header, there is an option to add a picture in place of the header. Just browse on your computer and select the picture you want. (I added the text to our picture using Picasa- you can use any photo editor) Then I just selected the picture. Pretty easy actually! :) We sure miss your family!