What a wonderful day I had! This is one of the few days off from the kitchen I get and I love it...but have to work hard to stay out so I don't wreck the fun that is going on. For breakfast, dad and the kids made me banana pancakes with nutmeg spiced maple syrup, and for dinner we had a spinach souffle. Fancy huh! I love how hard they try to make it a special day. I couldn't help but think how blessed I am to be a mother to these beautiful children. This is fulfilling my lifelong dream of what I always wanted to become. I am so grateful for their quickness to forgive and forget, because I am so far from being the kind of mom I would like to be. How wonderful it is to have a testimony of Christs atonement that allows me to know that He will help make up for my imperfections, as long as I keep trying. I also was thinking of my mother on this special day as it was also her birthday. I blessed I have been to be taught be her wonderful example!
Since we live so far away from our family, we thought this would be a fun way to help you feel up to date with all that is happening with our little family here in Oregon. Hope it works!
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Hooray For Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow - you have been busy! Building a chicken coop, new goats, a fun vacation too! You are an AWESOME mom, don't forget it. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day and hope it was a good Memorial Day too. We miss you guys and love seeing photos of what you've been up to.
- Susan, Scott, Bryce and Cooper too
Post a Comment