Sunday, July 1, 2012

I Love to Be A Mother!

What a wonderful day...Mother's Day! I got breakfast of blueberry pancakes, stacks of cards, lots of hugs and kisses, a flower head band made by my talented cub scout and a day to play outside with the little ones while the others toiled in the kitchen. I could do this more than once a year! I am so grateful for the chance to be a mother, and to have a mother that is a perfect example to me. She loved and sacrificed so much for us. When I feel like it is a struggle with four little ones, I think of her and her faith and obedience with seven of us! What a saint my mother is. I hope to be as diligent as her and raising happy children who have a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” ― Marjorie Pay Hinckley

No comments: