
I have been trying to come up with a pattern with a round neck that also incorporates the raglan style sleeve and this is my first attempt at my home drawn pattern. I think I like it! Now I just need to have more time to make some dresses and shirts with it to perfect the pattern. My problem is I make one thing and then too much time goes by and I forget how or what I did and start something new before really getting good at one. I have had this fabric for quite some time though, so it felt good to finally use some of it.


I have been saving a bunch of old t-shirts knowing I could use them for something, and finally did! She looks pretty cute in this old t-shirt of mine. The sleeves are from a thrifted pillowcase. This girl is good at ruining/staining clothing, so I hate to buy her nice stuff. She is good for me to practice my sewing skills on. My goal this year is to sew with as much of the fabric I have here, without buying more that is not have a purpose in an immediate project. I have a bad habit of seeing something cute and on sale and buy it with hopes I will make something with it, but of coarse I don't have all the time in the world to sew, so the fabric piles up and just takes up space. So, the random sewing stuff you may see on here will most likely be from my fabric stash. Thus the random/fun projects such as these:

Capes or ponchos for the girls. Sylvia actually did need a jacket, but Briana was so sad she couldn't have the newly made Sylvia poncho, so I decided to make a little one for her as well.

She looks like a little wizard. This girl loves to put on things that twirl or go on her head.
No comments:
Post a Comment